[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Design Engineer opportunities to support the MPEX project at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) in Oak Ridge, TN.
• BS in Mechanical or Nuclear Engineering or similar field. MS degree preferred.
• At least six years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Knowledge of and experience in design and manufacture of components for accelerator or fusion related technology is desirable: vacuum systems, large magnetic field coils (and resulting electromagnetic forces), cryogenic systems, and components under high heat-flux.
• Experience using CAD and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools desirable.
• Position requires a self-starter able to work independently and in a team. The candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate with members of the organization at all levels and with manufacturing suppliers and distributors. Effective problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
• Apply working knowledge of product design/assembly and quality control to the manufacturing process.
• Experience with 3-D CAD system, PTC Creo is preferred.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website.
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater Jobs at www.edgewatertech.net/careers