[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Transmission Planner
Location: Allentown, PA
Duration: 12 Months, possible extension
Our client has a need for a Transmission Planner. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leading company, we want to talk with you!
1. Perform power flow studies with the help of tools such as PSSE/E, TARA etc. and develop high quality system reinforcement plans. Utilize programming language such as Python, Visual Basic (VB) to automate simulation processes.
2. Maintain the accuracy of existing and future transmission system model and contingency database.
3. Develop high quality project work scope (Gate 0 package) by taking inputs from various internal stake holders such as Engineering Design, Siting, Real Estate, Operations, Project management, Compliance, Distribution Planning, Regulatory Affairs, System Maintenance etc. Prepares detailed project justification, alternative analysis, and supporting documentation for budgeting transmission projects to be included in the business plan.
4. Leads a variety of initiatives including developing innovative procedures, improved design recommendations or transmission planning criteria.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering or computer science from a college or university.
2. Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
3. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards for the specific position.
4. Familiarity with PJM process and manuals to conduct power flow analysis is strongly preferred.
As an employee with ASAP, you will be working through an established and well respected organization that goes above and beyond for our Clients and Talent. We are dedicated to providing our Associates with professional and responsive attention and we are here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. Your diligence and professional commitment will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for this position may include (but are not limited to):
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision
• Short Term Disability/LTD
Who We Are:
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.