[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Business Development Manager
Job Type: Direct hire; full-time
Location: Charlotte, NC; travel required - Within the region; up to 75% for training, meetings, project management, etc.
Responsible for developing business opportunities. Participates in the acquisition of existing utilities, responding to RFPs, managing community relationships, implementing, and coordinating the programs necessary to manage the utility projects for the NC water and wastewater systems. This includes the development and execution of an overall strategy, individual project plans, general business analysis, regulatory support, and other project management responsibilities related to the operation of the water and wastewater systems. Smart phone, laptop, copy/fax/scan machine, telephone and other general office equipment used. Operates a Company issued motor vehicle.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identifies, evaluates and recommends acquisitions that align with the company’s strategic plan.
• Develops and maintains good business relationships with customers on different levels and strategic suppliers to the company.
• Develops the overall project management plan and the tools required for implementation and execution.
• Implements strategies to optimize project opportunities and meet business development goals.
• Works with the State Operations Directors and Financial Analysts to develop the long-range project plan for the business.
• Provides support to the regulatory process for rate cases and other matters.
• Provides general project oversight to ensure capital projects are delivered successfully, on time, and on budget.
• Oversees complex technical projects, adhering to strict goals and deadlines.
• Creates and maintains activity and progress reports for internal and external customers.
• Responsible for all project development., working closely with State Operations Directors regarding all aspects of the projects.
• Frequent independent travel to and from project locations on Company time.
• Serves as a member of the leadership team and assists in setting direction for the region.
• Work with regulators to gain input and potential approvals related to projects.
• Attends project team status meetings as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Requirements:
• Required: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint; ability to learn internal software programs
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or Business Administration or similar field.
o Preferred: MS or MBA
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• Requires a minimum of 7 years’ engineering/operations experience, preferably related to water and/or wastewater projects and design.
• National certification in area of specialty
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to analyze data, synthesize a range of inputs, and develop solutions to complex utility infrastructure and service challenging considering technical, financial, and service factors
• Strong communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with others at multiple organizational levels.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and an ability to work effectively cross-functionally
• Strong project management skills
• Knowledge of environmental and economic regulatory requirements.
• Ability to prioritize, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed in a timely fashion.
• Ability to keep accurate records and prepare and submit accurate reports.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, including negotiating, decision-making, research and analysis, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to provide safe working conditions for fellow workers.
• Ability to understand and implement a variety of the industry’s business concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to motivate others in the pursuit of Company goals.
If interested, please send your most updated resume to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org