[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Project Manager 3
Job Function/Family: Project Management - Project Management
Total Positions: 2 (One for TMI2 – Three Mile Island Nuclear Plant Unit 2 in Middleton, PA; One for Kewaunee Power Plant in Kewaunee, WI)
Target Salary: $165k and 17.5% bonus but can vary depending on experience
Should have 10 years nuclear PM Experience
Responsible for the planning, execution and closeout of assigned project within established budget and schedule. Responsible for acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, including contractors and consultants, to deliver project according to plan. Provides leadership, direction and resources to the project supervisor and project staff.
• Leads the planning and implementation of a project while facilitating the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables utilizing the ProjectSolutions project management compliance matrix.
• Manages project staff, ensures preparation and approval of all applicable project documentation and ensures project scope is accomplished within schedule and budget.
• Liaises with project stakeholders on a routine basis.
• Identifies and manages scope change and ensures changes to Statement of Work are documented and communicates those changes to customer and management.
• Updates baseline budget and schedule.
• Tracks project cost and provide direction to accounting department for the preparation of project invoices.
• Acts as a primary interface between EnergySolutions and client by implementing project status meeting with client and providing monthly schedule, project and financial input to management.
• Ensures that all activities are performed safely and in accordance with applicable Department of Transportation, Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Occupational Safety & Health Administration standards, state requirements and all applicable client procedures, permits and licenses by verbatim compliance to applicable project documentation.
• Provides leadership and direction to project personnel.
• Manages personnel of varying disciplines and degrees of experience with emphasis on teamwork.
• Ensures staff performs all activities safely and are committed to a safe and accident-free working environment.
• Ensures personnel obtains and maintains appropriate training, qualifications and proficiencies utilizing the Talent Database.
• Works under general direction.
• Responsible for all aspects of complex projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
• Ability to fill role of Project Director as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) required
• Must obtain Project Management Professional (PMP) within one year of promotion
• Professional Engineer (PE) or Fundamentals of Engineer (FE) preferred
• Minimum of 10 years project management experience, completed projects, and good performance reviews
REQUIRED AND DESIRED SKILLS
• Strong negotiation skills
• Advanced computer and software skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Ability to lift, push, pulls and carries up to 50 pounds; handle and reach above or below shoulder
• Ability to use hands to accomplish tasks as assigned
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend/stoop, crouch and kneel
• Ability to effectively communicate; pass audiogram in hearing conservation program as required by location
• Ability to see close and distance; basic colors/shades
• Ability to work inside an office, outside and in extreme temperatures
• Ability to wear respiratory protection
• Ability to work with moving objects/hazardous machines and slippery/uneven walking surfaces
• Ability to work alone, work with others, and interact with the public
• Ability to operate equipment, drive a vehicle and travel overnight
• Ability to perform under deadline pressure