[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Project Controls Engineer – 352217
Senior Project Controls Engineer - MS Part Time opportunity for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Hanford Site Tank Farms.
Close Date: 08/23/2021
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
Applies extensive Project Controls expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines and integration with Project Controls. Oversees and ensures compliant application of Earned Value Management (EVM) System concepts and principles. Ensures validity of EVM System information and oversees communication of contractually required reports for submittal to the DOE client. Assesses project health/risks, provides management with recommendations utilizing the EVM System, and coordinates corrective actions required to mitigate or eliminate project impacts. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed to facilitate project milestones. Must demonstrate Leadership ability. Extensive working knowledge of the Electronic Industries Association (EIA)-748, “Earned Value Management Systems,” guidelines. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Support monthly reviews and audits and provide input to ensure compliance to regulation requirements.
• Support weekly and monthly data integrity and data validation reviews compiled from the scheduling system and the EVM system, to ensure accuracy of the WRPS reporting tools.
• Coordinate and work with Project Controls schedulers and other subject matter experts to describe and justify data integrity and data validation anomalies.
• Support company level initiatives related to Strategic Planning, what-if scenarios and other special requests.
• Participate in Project Controls and WRPS level task teams to develop and implement project-specific process improvements.
In addition this position will mainly support the development and maintenance of the “T-4 Project Integration” product which is a weekly meeting bringing together representation from all field organizations, as well as support functions such as Procurement, Interface Management, Mission Integration & Analysis, and Scheduling Support Services. The purpose of the meeting is to identify and resolve potential integration issues or other conflicts such as resources needs, procurements, electrical/water outage plans, disruption to safety equipment availability (safety showers/decontamination facilities/respiratory equipment), other Hanford contractor integration impacts (road closures, HLAN outages, fire systems testing, herbicide/pesticide applications, electrical utilities support), or other potential impacts to planned work activities. The package helps to identify and, when necessary, prioritize overtime plans for the following weekend. In addition to WRPS staff, ORP staff frequently attend the Integration Meeting to gain insight into project status.
Product contents include:
• Upcoming Crane and Rigging availability and needs
• Upcoming Plan of the Week activity review, starting with Area Teams key activities and priorities, Project and Retrieval key activities, and priorities within those same work teams
• Individual project schedule review and status, with emphasis placed on date slips or changes since last week
• A review of the project summary schedules (MYOP/NTPB Schedule Impact Analysis and TOC Integration “big picture” schedule reviews), which puts most of the critical work activities on one sheet to help identify integration or conflicts due to accelerations or date slips of project schedules. Typical activities placed on this summary schedule are waste transfers (includes single shell tank [SST] retrievals), evaporator campaigns, major crane use, pit or jumper replacement work, electrical outages and construction upgrades. Activities are drawn directly from the FES
• Stop Light Chart showing progress of each PBI
• Critical Procurement status.
a. Education—Minimum Requirements
A Degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered. (Refer to Attachment B in TFC-BSM-CP_CPR-C-12 for the Educational Equivalency Determination Guide. Incomplete degrees will not be considered as equivalent experience.)
Bachelor’s degree in accredited university or other related discipline.
Twelve or more years of project controls related experience in cost analysis and/or scheduling.
c. Other Qualifications
Working experience with the P6 Primavera Software and Microsoft Office Suite.
Working knowledge of both Cobra and Costplan estimating/pricing software.
Work Location/Potential Access:
• The primary work location will be in 2425 Stevens Center Place buildings located in north Richland, Washington and telework. Subcontractor can Telework as directed by manager. Proximity access to these facilities and other WRPS downtown Richland administrative facilities will be required. Some office visits to administrative facilities (such as 2750E, 2752E, 2704HV, 274AW) at the Hanford site will be needed in order to interface with Project Control and Field representatives and attend meetings.
Performance of on-site work in other than administrative facilities (such as 2750E, 2752E, 2704HV, 274AW/200 East Area), the individual is to call the Base Operations Shift Office (373- 2689) prior to accessing the facility. Contact Safety Representative as needed.
WRPS TOC will provide general-use turnaround office space with Hanford Local Area Network (HLAN) computer and telephone.
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday. For work supporting the 222-S lab, the standard operating work week for the lab is modified slightly to a ten hour period of 6:30 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer that supports a drug-free work environment.