[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Turnkey is seeking IH/HP Techs for multiple openings in Piketon, OH or Paducah, KY.
• Perform and document noise surveys, atmosphere surveys, confined space surveys, radiation surveys, contamination surveys, airborne radioactivity and chemical hazard surveys to characterize radiological and industrial conditions, support job-planning, job coverage, post-job surveys, detect changes in conditions, release from radiological control areas, unrestricted off-site material removal, and radiological shipping surveys.
• Performs, understands and applies technical activities in support of the HP/IH programs.
• Collect and record data using Health Physics & Industrial Hygiene equipment to monitor personnel and work areas for existence of and extent of hazard.
• Using math and tools such as spreadsheets, convert the raw readings from radiological surveys to meaningful units for radiation protection purposes. This includes but is not limited to beta dose rates, contamination levels in dpm/100 cm2, airborne concentration in microCi/l and percent DAC.
• Recognize and take the appropriate action when radiological or industrial hygiene conditions are outside the pre-defined safety envelope as may be described in a radiation work permit, per radiological postings, safety and health work permit or other unanticipated situations.
• Associates degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety and Health, Biological or Physical Science fields or combined equivalent of related education and experience such as DOE core, INPO program, ANSI 3.1 certified, or maintain active registration through the National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists (NRRPT).
• Four to six (4-6) years of Health Physics experience.
• Must have ability to possess DOE “Q” clearance
• Must be able to work shifts • Must be able to work overtime as required
• Must be able to meet the Physical Demands of the position, which include climbing, walking long distances, standing for long periods of time, etc.
Travel/Per Diem is available
Interested candidates please email resumes in Word format.
Turnkey is an Equal Opportunity Employer