[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are looking for I&C Technicians to work at our client's site located in Bridgman, MI for a full time, 5-11 month assignment. As an I&C Technician, you will perform routine technical work of a skilled nature involving computer/wireless networking, electronic, electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems associated with balance of plant and reactor support equipment, to aid in the successful operation and performance of plant equipment. Also, assist in the calibration, post maintenance testing, troubleshooting and repair of reactor protection and control instrumentation systems. You have the ability to stand for long periods, withstand a warm environment at times, can safely climb ladders and stairways, ascend/descend scaffolding, and enter tight/congested areas. You have experience working in the Nuclear Power industry and have or can obtain unescorted access to nuclear power plants. Must be a self-starter. Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in performing inspections, testing, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of electronic, electrical, mechanical and pneumatic process instrumentation systems, microprocessor controlled radiation monitoring systems, electronic nuclear instrumentation systems.
- Ability to work with computers and associated software to setup/monitor/troubleshoot wireless networks, servers and various other network computer systems
- Assist in testing and calibrating / repairing the following: pneumatic and electronic transmitters, indicators, converters, switches, PA and telephone communication systems, heat trace circuits, trace control units, alarm modules, electronic and pneumatic controllers, microprocessor based recorders, control relays.
- Help to analyze, test, and repair solid state reactor protection system, rod control system, and rod position indicator system.
- Assist in installing design changes on electronic, electrical, mechanical and pneumatic instrumentation equipment involving wiring modifications, cable testing, wire terminations, print changes, and installation of piping, tubing and fittings.
- Assist engineers and vendor technical representatives in data collection, troubleshooting, repairing, adjusting and testing of specialized complex equipment and systems.
- Report errors, damaged, broken or out of specification equipment and any other abnormal conditions.
- Assist engineering and provide input/verification reviews for Test Procedure development.
- Assist planning to review and walk down work packages.
- Associate degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent education and experience.
- Two years' experience in Instrumentation and Controls or related field.
- Understanding of general layout and electrical drawings as well as wiring, process and instrumentation and flow diagrams.
- Experience in functional testing of control circuits, permissive, trips, switchgear/moto control center breakers and controls, to verify safe and proper operation of systems and equipment prior to and after initial equipment/system operation.
- CPR/AED certification
- Be able to pass criminal background, drug/alcohol screen (including medical and recreational marijuana as well as CBD oil), and employment testing.
- Be able to be qualified to work within the radiological controlled area