[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Field Engineer / Work Package Closure Support
Job Location (site): Vogtle 3&4. Construction site gravel walk areas, turnstiles, PPE required. Position will require being in the field 80% of the time.
Highly motivated individuals
Bachelors degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university or 2 years of relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
Experience in construction and technical inspection of electrical/design in areas such as installation and testing of electrical systems, lighting systems, high voltage equipment, grounding, DCS systems and cable pulling activities. Mechanical or Civil/Structural experience can also be desirable
Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
Must be computer-literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Must be familiar with current industry quality standards.
Working knowledge with ASME NQA-1 1994, 2008 and Addendum 2009.
Basic to intermediate experience in field engineering activities of nuclear power and non-reactor nuclear facility EPC projects
Must possess legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walkdowns which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 40 lbs.
Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
Improve Work Package quality and eliminate rework identified during the closure review process, therefore increasing the throughput of work packages to the closure group and increasing work package closure rates to meet ITAAC ICN submittals and the 103(g) milestone.
ITAAC Inspection, Tests, Analysis, and Acceptance Criteria
ICN Initial Closure Notification
- Increase work package throughput by driving packages through the process steps
- Each team member is expected to drive to closure 3 work packages per day on average
- Keep your assigned work packages constantly moving through the process
- Perform Asset inspection walkdowns and sign off Inspection Records (IR) denoting work completed satisfactorily.
Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations
1. Use Human Performance Tools
2. Work with Bechtel Field Engineers (FE) that own work packages to assist in addressing open issues, closing gaps, and driving the work package to the next step in the process.
3. Resolve work packages issues (I.e., constraints, open engineering items, etc.) with proper organizations to keep work packages moving through the process
4. Generate Engineering Service Requests (ESRs), if applicable, directly from the work package
5. Own and champion to closure any ESRs generated from work packages you own
6. Identifying/confirming to go scope
7. Function as POC and interface between FE/TC and Design.
8. Provide Engineering knowledge and understanding to answer or help research questions.
9. Generate CRs where appropriate to capture conditions adverse to quality
10. Adhere to all safety rules and PPE requirements.
11. Promptly communicate any immediate hazards encountered.
12. Adhere to all COVID rules and precautions
13. Maintain a questioning attitude
14. Maintain detailed and complete records/documentation
15. Provide daily feedback to update metrics that track progress, performance, and proficiency
Physical Requirements: Yes: walking, bending, climbing, prolonged time in field (exposed to outdoor elements heat, rain, etc.), gravel and dirt walking areas.
Est. Start Date: ASAP
Est. Assignment Duration: 3-6 months
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status