[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
$30 - $44.88 hour with excellent benefits. Time and a half for overtime.
No Per Diem
AS in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Health or related field and 2+ years
of industrial Hygiene work experience, or equivalent.
Required Training/ Qualifications: The Industrial Hygiene Senior Technician must have a valid Driver's License, be qualified to wear respiratory protection, be clean shaven daily for response action, and have or be able to have a security clearance.
Level Specific Responsibilities: Under close supervision, will assist with IH functions within the safety and health program. Performs basic and routine duties to achieve compliance with ES&H standards along with federal and state regulatory requirements.
• Maintains daily contact, in accordance with specific assignment, with superintendent, field engineers, craft
personnel, and other discipline personnel to assist in the successful implementation of the Industrial Hygiene Program.
• Is responsive to requests made by Project IH, Project IS/IH Manager, Project ESH Operations Manager and/or UCOR
Safety and Health Manager in support of field implementation of programmatic requirements
• Performs air and bulk sampling, noise surveys, temperature assessments, etc. Sampling may include response to
incident sampling events and may include chemical decontamination, where applicable.
• Assists Facility Management as directed with access control, posting and labeling in accordance with industrial
hygiene and/or safety-related posting needs (e.g., respirator area, asbestos-regulated area, etc).
• Performs operational equipment setups and/or operability tests for industrial hygiene meters, sampling equipment,
and general maintenance of industrial hygiene equipment/instrumentation.
• Inputs and generates employee sampling notification letters, reports, and other industrial hygiene-related
sampling data records to the Industrial Hygiene database
• Suspends/stops work as warranted, without fear of reprisal, for activities or practices observed that put worker safety
and/or the environment at risk, until it can be demonstrated that it is safe to proceed with the work.
TFE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a federal contractor, TFE will require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first day of employment. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. You will need to show proof of vaccination and completion of a Certificate of Vaccination will be required.