[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Active DOE “Q” Clearance
$40 - $88 hourly with excellent benefits
No per diem
Education: Bachelors degree in a technical field or
demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience. Successful completion of applicable UCOR FM qualification standards.
Experience: 10+ years in progressively responsible facilities management activities
Level Specific Responsibilities: FM for at least 1 nuclear and/or radiological facility.
• Maintain a formal project or facility logbook for assigned facilities categorized as nuclear and/or radiological
• Ensure the logbook is available for the Backup or Assistant FM(s) to make entries and for review, as required
• Establish a master schedule to identify when surveillance, testing, and inspection actions are required for TSR SSCs and credited Design Features, and the current status of each required inspection/action (Nuclear).
• Review and concur with all alternate methods utilized for tracking of surveillance, testing, and inspection actions.
• Review Work Packages, Work Plans, and associated revisions prior to approving work start.
• Ensure that a process (or processes) are established and maintained for planning, scheduling, tracking and statusing all surveillance, testing, and inspection activities required by the facility TSR for safety significant SSCs (Active Safety Systems) and credited design features (Nuclear).
• Ensure the Active Safety System Surveillance/Testing and Design Feature Inspection process(es) are formally defined in project procedure(s) (Nuclear).
• Approving, authorizing and releasing all work activities within assigned facilities prior to commencement of those work activities.
• Maintaining up-to-date awareness of facility status and providing oversight of all authorized activities to ensure compliance with Safety Basis (SB) and procedural requirements.
• Establishing controls which ensure that authorized personnel may safely gain access to facilities, including rooftops,
• Maintaining a formal facility log of significant information or events for assigned facilities and ensuring availability of the logbook for the backup or assistant FM(s) to make entries and for review.
• Reviewing and concurring with the facility Configuration Management Plan (CMP) when a CMP is required.
• Serving as a core (voting) member of the Project Review Committee (PRC).
• Serving as a voting member of the Senior Management PRC whenever an activity/document associated with his/her facility is under review
• Managing and controlling facility related DOE Property, including assigned government furnished equipment.
• Preparing and maintaining facility SB documentation including hazards analyses (Fire Hazards Analysis, Emergency Management Hazard Assessments, etc□ ) Authorization Agreements, Nuclear Criticality Safety Evaluations (NCSE)/Determinations (NCSD)
• Implementing safeguards and security requirements associated with nuclear materials and other security matters.
• Planning and/or supporting readiness assessments.
• Serving as issuing authority for all work permits including radiological work permits, excavation/penetration permits, confined space permits, hot work permits, and lockout/tagout permits.
• Authorizing all maintenance, calibration, testing, or inspection activities performed on facility Active Safety Systems and credited Design Features.
• Making facility SB/Technical Safety Requirements (TSR) operability determinations for facility Active Safety Systems.
• Making functional capability determinations for SB/TSR credited Design Features, defense-in-depth and protected assumptions involving physical controls that are included in the facility CMP.
TFE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a federal contractor, TFE will require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first day of employment. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. You will need to show proof of vaccination and completion of a Certificate of Vaccination will be required.