[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Mechanical Engineer – HVAC
$40 - $88 hourly with excellent benefits.
No per diem.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (equivalent experience experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer level)
• 10+ years of relevant experience required
• Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
• Experience in HVAC design preferred, although job duties will include a wide array of mechanical engineering design needs
• Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
• Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Functional with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook software
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance. A clearance is not required to apply for this position.
• Previous experience at DOE facilities a plus
Mechanical engineer to support the Chief Engineer, Project Engineer, UCOR Projects and the Engineering Program as necessary and assigned. Project support locations may include Heritage Center, ORNL and Y-12.
• Performs engineering calculations. prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing , issues reports and maintains related data
• Experienced in mechanical engineering with emphasis on piping and pump design, HVAC design, general mechanical engineering, and engineering procurement
• Maintains liaison with design and drafting groups
• Prepares, reviews and approves drawings as required
• Advises the Project Engineer and Engineering Manager about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems
• Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks
• Plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with assigned project
• Maintains timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding assigned engineering activities
TFE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a federal contractor, TFE will require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first day of employment. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. You will need to show proof of vaccination and completion of a Certificate of Vaccination will be required.