[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Thomas Thor Associates now has a long-term (1 year+) contract opening for a Supplier / Procurement Project Engineer that can be performed remotely.
• Develop procurement specifications as necessary to communicate supplier technical work scope. Work scope may include material procurement, manufacturing process development, multiyear material test programs, and test samples/equipment.
• Develop statements of work (SOW) and project planning to execute supplier projects to meet program objectives.
• Support supplier selection activities with requests for proposals (RFPs) and team review/selection processes.
• Provide direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator and the technical representative to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables to meet requirements.
• Coordinate technical review process of supplier deliverables and ensure appropriate responses.
• Manage technical interfaces between supplier projects and interfacing projects/activities within.
• Provide support to contract administration and commercial activities as needed to implement projects.
• Maintain awareness of supplier technical capabilities, organization changes and relationships to ensure positive feedback.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
• 3-5 years' experience developing requirements specifications, defining supplier technical work scope to include development of SOWs, RFPs and providing technical direction and oversight of supplier projects.
• Engineering degree relevant to materials science and engineering preferred. Graduate degrees in pertinent disciplines welcomed.
• Demonstrated skills in the technical direction of suppliers and in supporting contractual/commercial aspects of customer/supplier relationships.
• Previous experience in technical interface with engineering groups for review and input to supplier activities.
• Must have experience in writing statements of work, specifications for procurement, testing and manufacturing/fabrication.
• Must have experience with project controls and organization along with tools and processes to support the same.
• A general understanding of the design of reactor plant and related systems and experience with sodium cooled fast reactors would be considered a plus