[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Deck Electrician must have three (3) or more years of experience in the electrical field – Marine or Commercial Nuclear applications.
1.Must be able to read and interpret shipboard electrical installation drawings, wiring tables, schematics, and work packages.
2. Work independently with proper instruction.
3. Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.).
4. General deck electrician work. (i.e. layoff and mount electrical equipment and wireways; install cable penetrations in equipment , bulkheads, and decks; cable installation; cable terminations; and cut-in and hook-up)
5. Proficient in the use of basic electrician hand tools (i.e. Pliers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, connector crimping tools, etc.)
6. Physically able to climb vertical and inclined stairs and ladders, crawl, bend, stoop, work at heights, and work in confined spaces.
7. A Deck Electrician will be required to pass the Stud Shooting training class and the associated vision test. These tests will administered by NNS.
**Prior to employment, all new hire candidates must pass a 7 year background check, hair follicle drug test and have vaccine.