[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Nuclear Safety Engineer (Safety Basis SME)
seeking qualified candidates for a Nuclear Safety Engineer (Safety Basis SME) opportunity in Carlsbad, NM to support the DOE’s Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) Project.
Per diem is available for those who qualify.
Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
Telecommuting is not an option for this position.
• This position will function as a Safety Basis Subject Matter Expert.
• The successful candidate will work within the NWP Nuclear Safety organization with duties to include document and procedure preparation and reviews, perform Unreviewed Safety Question Determinations and Screenings, Project Safety Design Evaluations (DOE-STD-1189) and Potential Inadequate in the Safety Analysis (PISA) documents.
• Perform High Material at Risk (MAR) evaluations, and necessary document preparations to support the development or changes to the WIPP Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirement (TSR) documents when necessary.
• Perform Hazards Analysis (HA) to support Safety Basis development.
• Requires interaction and coordination with various site organizations, e.g., Engineering, Work Control, Operations, QA, Maintenance, Packaging and Transportation, and Regulatory Environmental Services.
• Expectation includes addressing compliance issues from internal and external sources, overviewing internal and external reviews of nuclear safety programs; following corrective actions through completion or resolution, and mentoring of Junior Nuclear Safety analysts in Safety Basis development and maintenance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Science or Engineering field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. (Related experience may substitute for education at the rate of six semester credit hours for each year of experience up to a maximum of 60 credit hours. When combined with experience, completion of technical portions of an engineering, engineering technology, or related science program may substitute for the baccalaureate degree. Successful completion must be determined by a transcript or certification by an accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or the United States Department of Education. Completion of 80 semester credit hours may be substituted for the baccalaureate requirement.)
• Fifteen (15) years’ experience with DOE Facility Safety Basis development and maintenance is mandatory.
• Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
• Broad, experience-based knowledge of WIPP operations and engineering principles, methods and associated regulatory requirements is desired.
• Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a drug-free work environment.