[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Senior Instrumentation and Controls Engineer with the following qualifications:
Provide design engineering support to the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) project as a Design Engineering Instrumentation and Controls (l&C) Integrator. Primary responsibilities include oversite of Architect Engineering (AE) firms preparing new designs and modifications to existing l&C equipment and associated systems for the SRPPF project. Secondary responsibility includes preparation of engineering analysis, walkdowns, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: P&IDs; Control Logics; Loop Diagrams; Instrument Indices; Setpoint Lists; Instrument and Control Valve Specifications; DCS and PLC Design; Instrument Location and Installation Design; Panel Layouts; and Vendor Document Review.
Knowledge of procurement and engineering design approach associated with nuclear facility design is preferred, including the application of safety class and safety significant codes and standards.
• Candidate must demonstrate 10 or more years design experience in the field of l&C Engineering in the nuclear or process chemical industry.
• Candidate must demonstrate design experience with process control instrumentation, PLCs, and distributed control systems.
• Knowledge of l&C design approach associated with nuclear facility design is preferred, including the application of safety class and safety significant codes and standards.
• Prior experience providing technical support to procurement is required
• Candidate must be able to perform field walk-downs to document as-installed conditions and to inspect equipment condition.
• Working knowledge of national consensus standards OSHA, NEC, NFPA, ISA and others applicable to l&C design
• Foster a work environment that promotes safety, quality, openness, trust, communication, teamwork, and customer satisfaction.
• Previous SRS Design Engineering experience and working knowledge of SRNS design processes and procedures is preferred.
• Working design experience in a nuclear industry/facility is preferred
• Experience in 2D Microstation Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is preferred.
• Ability to work independently and within a multi-discipline team.
Occasional travel is required.
• BS Degree in l&C, Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in any one of the above disciplines.
• An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Subcontract personnel must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance. After award, the selected uncleared candidate may be required to apply for a DOE clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen
Estimated duration: Award date for one year
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.