[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Project Management Consultant 11115
Location: Riviera Plant 200-300 BROADWAY
Riviera Beach Florida
Duration:1 year or more
This position assists in the overall management of assigned projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling and safety goals. Employees in this role support construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site.
- Assesses productivity, schedule compliance, work quality, and safety performance on assigned projects
- Participates in walk downs of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, and reviews contractor payment requests
- Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocation, assess field status, and resolves issues as needed
- Coordinates project activities with vendors, suppliers, regulatory agencies, local community officials and the company
- Assists in scope control, budget oversight, resolution of technical issues, performance reporting, scheduling, and work-in-progress
- Interfaces with landowners, local regulators and state agencies
- Reinforces expectations related to safety, procedure compliance, lessons learned, corrective action and appropriate work behaviors for employees and contractor staff
- Coordinates activities or groups such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, analytics and contract administration
- Interfaces with projectís designated management committee
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Minimum 5-year work experience in power plant environment and familiarity of plant operations and systems. Demonstrated history of safety training and knowledge of OSHA Industrial and Construction Standards.
Familiar with In-Plant Clearance (IPC)/lock out tag out procedures and policies.
Validate site contractors have the skills and tools necessary to perform work; check needed certifications as applicable
Ensure contractor has and uses of proper safety equipment for each task, ensure safe work practices are used at all times; stop job if necessary
Experience in tracking work progress vs. schedule, costs, variances, change orders, etc., completion and submittal of daily and weekly logs
Familiarity with environmental policies for handling, storing and disposing of hazardous materials typically utilized in Plant construction and upgrade activities.
Ensure contractor has and uses of proper safety equipment for each task; check condition and expiration dates as applicable