[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Role: The Overhead Crane Operator must be proficient in the operation of gantry and mobile cranes in support of movement of various materials during maintenance activities. The Essentials:What it takes:
- Verify per-use equipment inspections have been completed prior to crane operation.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheet/forms properly.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding.
- Lift minimum of fifty pounds over head.
- Must be qualified rigger and signalman in accordance with applicable plant procedures.
- Must be qualified to perform routine equipment inspections as required by plant procedures and as specified by OSHA regulation 1910.179 and 1910.180
- Must certify qualifications per plant specific procedures in a manner similar to the following:
- Attend refresher training, pass a written examination and a practical operation exam or
- Provide documentation of classroom training including a written exam and site operating practical operation exam.
- Personnel must pass a physical examination including vision and hearing test.
- High School diploma
- Meet all applicable requirements to maintain unescorted access
- Pass initial and annual Radiation Worker Training
- EPRI Certification
- NCCCO or NCCER Certification (OVR)
- Turbine Crane Operator - Three years' Industrial experience
- Turbine Crane Operator - Returnee - Three years' plus Industrial experience