[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Computing Systems Tec 2 opportunity for our customer in Los Alamos, NM to support the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Provides day-to-day technical support services, locally or remotely, to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop, or mobile systems, workstations, and network issues in a heterogeneous environment. Tests and evaluates commercial and Laboratory developed software for quality control and proper operation. Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel. Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support Windows and Mac desktop/laptop systems on the unclassified network including Installing, configuring and troubleshooting desktop, or mobile systems, workstations, and network issues including, wireless and role-based access control in a heterogeneous environment
· Ticket master role and responsibilities
· Setup and installation of hardware and software
· Troubleshoot issues through on-site and remote field support
Position typically requires a high school diploma and one-to-two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of mobile devices
· Entry level computer hardware (Windows desktop) experience
· Windows operating system experience
· Proven customer service experience in a retail environment
· Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
· Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required)
· Knowledge of computer software, such as Microsoft Office/O365 and popular internet browsers
· Experience using an incident or ticket management system
· -Experience troubleshooting Windows or Mac Operating Systems
· -Experience using Collaboration software such as MS Teams and Webex
Candidate must be able to obtain a DOE “Q” level clearance.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the applications steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.