[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
12 month contract with 2 option years
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES: Provide Construction STR support for work at Savannah River Site, Aiken, SC
1. Coordinate construction projects for assigned areas from the conceptual design stage through project completion and financial closing to ensure safety, quality, technical baseline, budget, schedule, and site procedures and goals are established, implemented and managed. Note: not limited to construction phases, rather, may be involving facility demolition and soil remediation projects.
2. Responsibility includes development of scope of work packages, ensuring compliance with designated subcontract requirements, work package development, environment evaluations, demolition procedures, regulatory permitting, direct field inspections and audits, daily subcontractor oversight, daily activity reports documenting inspections and observations, and interface with subcontractor personnel either directly or through other Subcontractor Technical Representative (STR) personnel.
3. Develop work package elements to assist Work Planning & Control to evolve a scope of work package by combining all submissions from various subject matter experts (SME). Serving as the primary Point of Contact (POC) to pull all data and drawings together for completeness and safe work execution. Also serving as the Principal Construction Coordinator between the subcontractor, Work Control, Procurement, SMEs, Subcontracts Execution, and Area Closure Project management.
4. Interface with facility management for work scope, estimate approvals and funding distribution and with project controls and construction execution for scope development, estimate and work control preparation and approval and construction planning.
5. Through use of knowledge and experience in areas of new facility construction, large scale facility demolition, and/or large soil remediations projects is required while monitoring progress of projects and maintenance orders, identify problems / potential problems to the technical / cost / schedule baselines and implement the necessary corrective actions.
6. Perform initial and final reviews and evaluations of preliminary scope, design, schedules, and estimates for new projects to determine constructability and accuracy.
7. Interface with project management, DOE, design, procurement, Project Management, Project Controls, field management and superintendents at different team levels to accomplish milestones in a safe and cost-effective manner.
A 40-hour work week with possible overtime hours to support the facility activities. Potential for shifts implemented to support the work on a 7 day/24-hour schedule. Work schedules are depicted to support the work activities as assigned. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), 5/10s (10 hours/day; five days per week) and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week may include SRNS holidays, Saturday or Sunday scheduling based on project milestones to remain on schedule.
Area Security Access:
A security clearance is not required; however, candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a “L” clearance if required to perform assigned duties
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline and at least 15-17 years of practical experience in construction. An associate degree and 20-23 years of practical experience or a high school diploma and 25-29 years of practical experience would be considered equivalent
Must possess in depth knowledge of construction costs, scheduling and the ability to develop or evaluate construction strategies and techniques.
Must possess practical knowledge of RCRA/CERCLA Environmental Programs and associated field experience including that associated with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response for RCRA/CERCLA Waste Sites in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120.
Must possess practical knowledge of construction, demolition and/or soil remediation, and subcontract management.
Previous experience in the administration and oversight of construction, demolition and/or soil remediation and subcontract activities.
Must possess the ability to interact as a team player as part of team-based projects as the Construction Coordinator to assure the project management team is appraised of field condition issues that have potential to occur or have occurred.
Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a “L” clearance
**Please submit your resume for review or contact our office for more details
Pinnacle Specialty Group, Inc