[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI ENERGY has an immediate need for a Mechanical Planner with Nuclear Projects experience. This position is in the north east and will last until the end of May.
Who we are! BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. The Role: The Mechanical Planner is responsible for supporting outage work control process, assisting with the development of work packages, and ensuring generation of required plant work orders as required to support the Service Water piping
project. Also responsible for work packages and work order performance. The Essentials:
- · Previous planning with FPL experience preferred.
- · Review ECR's MCN's, and any other design engineering deliverable information for constructability, installation, maintainability, and material requirements using independent judgment and exercising discretion.
- · Initiate MR's to support implementation of designed changes using the approved BOM.
- · Coordinate with Engineering and implementation resources for the generation and implementation of MCN's.
- · Perform prescreen for Security Compliance Review.
- · Perform prescreen to determine the need for ALARA Planner input and review.
- · Ensure communication with the Document Control personnel for MCN issuance and field packaging updates.
- · Generate and update CMMS Work Steps to support implementation of the ECR.
- · Provide recommended/suggested Lock-out/Tag-out (LOTO) isolation points for applicable scope of work.
- · If required, determine the level of FME requirements to be used; develop the initial FME Plan and route for approval.
- · Perform/coordinate field constructability walk-down during the design development phase.
- · Set-up and maintain the ECR master binders used during the planning and implementation phase of the project.
- · Notify field implantation and Document Control personnel when the ECR or sections of the ECR are placed on implementation hold.
- · Perform other related duties as assigned.
- · Proficiency in the use of project planning software, such as Primavera P6
- Florida Power and Light experience preferred
- Strong and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to pass all background and screening requirements including drug and/or alcohol screening.