[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy, Inc. is looking for qualified Senior Radiation Protection Technician to work at Constellation's J.A. Fitzpatrick & Peach Bottom Stations. As the Senior Radiation Protection / Health Physics Technician, you are responsible for evaluating radiological conditions in a workplace environment and implementing controls necessary to maintain radiation exposures to workers and the public as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA). You have excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills. You have experience working in the Nuclear Power industry and have or can obtain unescorted access to nuclear power plants. You enjoy the fast-paced work demands need to work various shifts throughout plant outages.
Job Details / Essential Job Functions:
- Use a series of protocols and technology to monitor radiological conditions, record conditions, and evaluate the conditions with regard to the potential risk to workers and the public.
- Oversee work being done involving radioactive materials.
- Utilize special instrumentation to analyze, track, and survey radioactive materials, dose rates, airborne particulates, and radiological controls.
- Establish safe means and testing cycles of radioactive material, including collection, storage, packaging, transportation, and disposal.
- Collect and analyze radiological samples.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for Radiation Protection.
- Immediately notify Supervision, required site contacts, and prepare documentation of ANY safety or nuclear safety concerns.
- Responsible for progress of all assigned work; identify and solve minor issues; and report major issues to Supervision for resolution.
- Evaluate radiological conditions in the nuclear plant and the implementation of the necessary radiological safety measures as they apply to nuclear plant workers and members of the general public.
- Perform dose rate, contamination and airborne radioactivity surveys.
- Provide job coverage for work groups to minimize personnel exposure.
- Control access to radioactive material through labeling and posting.
- Provide briefings and guidance to plant personnel to prohibit unplanned exposure to radioactive material.
- On an assigned shift, and acting under prescribed rules and approved practices, measure and keep records of radiation levels, to clean, maintain, and issue respiratory protection equipment, and to perform related work. Due to the nature of the work, individuals may be asked to wear a respirator.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable BHI Energy and client technical specifications, procedures, human performance and safety standards and expectations.
- Ensure compliance and possess knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies on a federal, state, municipal, and company level.
About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Apply now! BHI Energy"s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or educational equivalent, including chemistry and Mathematics courses and training and or work experience in Radiation Protection
- Ability to pass knowledge exams and performance evaluations administered through the EPRI process for Standardized Task Evaluations as described in the industry standard NISP-RP-12, Training and Qualification of Supplemental RP Technician.
- Must meet the requirements of one of the following standards - (ANSI N18.1-1971; ANSI/ANS 3.1-1978; ANSI/ANS 3.1-1993; or ANSI/ANS 3.1-2014)
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance as related to piping systems