[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
ON SITE WORK
Duration- 6 months plus
Location- Pueblo, CO
if interested send updated resume- email@example.com
The Pueblo Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (PCAPP) is looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer at the Pueblo, CO location. This position will report to the Design Engineering Group Supervisor and will be responsible for producing design in support of modifications to an operating process facility. The senior electrical engineer will be responsible for coordinating extensively with other engineering disciplines as well as other departments on the Project in order to independently produce quality deliverables within a set schedule. He or she is expected to provide informed code interpretation to support various parts of the Plant, and to present design options to management for approval.
This is a long-term assignment with a 4-10s schedule. The work hours are from 7:00am – 4:30pm Monday – Thursday.
• Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures, and criteria, using independent judgment with limited oversight.
• Performs electrical engineering design, including the development of single line diagrams, panel schedules, schematics, connection diagrams, load lists, etc.
• Leads multi-disciplinary design teams on projects of moderate complexity.
• Develops material requisitions and specifications for non-standard equipment and bills of material for off-the-shelf equipment and components.
• Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and customer design requirements, for the preparation of electrical design documents, specifications, material requisitions and system descriptions related to design tasks.
• Conducts document and design checking as required.
• Demonstrates leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Provide guidance on engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria to expand the skillsets of peers.
• Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Day to day responsibilities may include support to: operations, maintenance, operations support, acquisitions, safety, and/or quality.
Qualifications and Skills
• BS degree in Electrical engineering from a US Accredited institution with 6 years of relevant experience.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain any security clearances required for this position according to Army Regulation 50-6 (Chemical Surety).
• Must be physically fit and able to work safely at a construction site.
• Must have strong understanding of engineering discipline drawings and system calculations such as short circuit and load-flow.
• Ability to size equipment and perform cable sizing calculations.
• Experience with Microsoft office programs, VISIO, and other common computer programs.
• Extensive knowledge and application of NEC code and ANSI/IEEE Standards.
• Extensive knowledge on electrical systems, schematics, and electrical equipment layouts.
• Excellent listening, oral and written communication, planning, and organizational skills.
• MS degree in Electrical engineering from a US Accredited institution with 4 years of relevant experience.
• PE Registration.
• Previous Bechtel and/or DOD project experience
• Experience with the SETROUTE program.
• Field experience supporting installation or troubleshooting of installed and operating equipment/components.
• Experience working within an engineering group in an operating facility.
*PCAPP Project Only* ?Surety Program Statement? required for all posted positions
This project is subject to the Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety) which governs persons performing work under the Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Depending on the work performed and the access granted a government security investigation and other physical requirements such as respirators may be mandated. Eligibility to be placed in a UAP position requires US citizenship.