[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Provide 3D-PDS Plant Designer staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, 3D Modeling using Plant Design System (PDS) “Piping and Equipment” software, design development, and generation of design output documents. Prepare, review and approve design change forms, disposition nonconformance reports, review vendor documents and incorporate into 3D models, and resolve construction issues.
Design services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
Education (2 Qualifications):
- Formal training in Computer Aided Design or 3D modeling (Preferred)
-Associate degree in a technical discipline and at least 10 - 12 years of work experience or 12 - 16 years of practical work experience.
- Demonstrate experience creating and revising models for site layouts, piping layouts, and electrical commodity details
-Demonstrate experience creating and revising models for Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and supporting drawings.
-Demonstrate experience reviewing vendor drawings/documents to update the model and validate equipment is accurately captured.
-Demonstrate experience with Material Handling Design including creating and revising models based on design requirements and calculations. Specifically note any experience with gloveboxes.
-Demonstrate experience creating and revising documents for Pipe and Valve Specifications including component modeling, vendor design documents, design of the connections to install the equipment
-Demonstrate experience with HVAC design including equipment modeling, duct layout, drawing cuts, construction support, and experience with supporting groups (I&C, structural, electrical, etc.) to finalize the design
-Demonstrate experience with National Codes and Standards including ASME B31.3 and NFPA 101 as they apply to piping/component layout, evaluation of existing systems, supporting requirements, documenting design solutions with code references, and experience resolving conflicting code interpretations.
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 10 years of experience as a Plant Designer in the nuclear or process chemical industry.
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of experience working at a DOE facility.
-Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the nuclear industry or at a nuclear facility.
-Demonstrated experience using PDS “Piping and Equipment” software with experience in modeling, layouts, resolving clashes, cutting drawings, dimensioning, and interfacing with engineering for design resolution.
- Ability to perform field walk-downs
Demonstrated experience working with diverse teams to deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clear, concise, and accurate reports, evaluations, documents, procedures, reviews, comment resolutions, email, and oral presentations.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor junior team members and develop their design knowledge.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce quality documents with attention to detail and meeting management defined expectations.
- Demonstrate the ability to coordinate, interface, and communicate with management, engineering, facility, operations, quality assurance, and test personnel.
- Previous SRS design experience One or more of the following experiences must be demonstrated:
- One or more of the following experiences must be demonstrated:
(See all non required Experience/Skills)
Possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years (Preferred) Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance
***Please submit your resume for review or contact our office for more details.***
Pinnacle Specialty Group, Inc.