[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are looking for a cost engineer for the mid-west region to start as soon as possible.
Cost Engineer supports the Site Core Team with input and maintenance of site financial information in the cost management system. Manages the timeline, budget and risks of the work performed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Maintains Cost Management System
2. Verify charges and process weekly invoices
3. Prepare weekly/monthly reports for Core Team, Senior Leadership Team, and Client
4. Provides analysis of cost variances and trends, assists with contingency tracking and risk monitoring
5. Tracks work scope funding and timely payment authorization of invoices
6. Supports creation and maintenance of Outage Load Boards
7. Prepares Daily Outage Cost Reports
8. Forecast cost projections and identifies cost trends for management attention
9. Tracks project progress through the earned value process
10. Develops resource / cash flow plans to project future resource needs
11. Demonstrates skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing solutions to cost engineering problems
12. Ability to support payroll as needed
1. Business Acumen
6. Detail Oriented
7. Problem Solver
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The position requires work in an office setting but will be required to enter the plant area.
Required Education, Experience, Certification and Licenses:
1. 3-5 years’ experience with cost controls processes
2. Bachelor’s degree in Business related field required or equivalent education, training, and/or work experience in cost controls
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs especially Access, Excel, and Outlook
4. Nuclear power experience is preferred
5. Travel may be required to support various sites
Allied Power, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Allied Power, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.