[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Maintenance Specialist to work within their company located in Nipton, CA for a 6 months assignment.
The Maintenance Specialist position is intended for an individual with experience and knowledge in Power Plant maintenance and planning of maintenance activities. This knowledge can be gained through experience or a combination of college/technical training and experience.
• Promote safety by assuring that all safety rules and regulations are followed including the coordination and supervision of equipment isolation and tagging procedures.
• Communicate and lead in accordance with company vision and core values. Strong competencies in communication, teamwork, interpersonal effectiveness.
• Develop and draft written maintenance plans (PM’s) for the plant.
• Conduct weekly and outage maintenance scheduling while helping establish plant maintenance priorities in accordance with Plant Operations’ needs.
• Determine and schedule necessary resources, e.g. supplies, materials, parts, and special tools or equipment required to perform maintenance inspections and/or work.
• Interpret technical manuals, sketches, prints, instructions, manufacturer’s data and equipment history records while incorporating the applicable information in developing maintenance plans.
• Plan work. Includes costing, manpower and time-estimates, and re-evaluate estimates to reflect changing job requirements and prepare job sequence requirements for major plant projects and for specific maintenance work.
• Analyze and update SAP on actual versus estimated time, equipment, and manpower requirements.
• Establish and validate estimates for recurring maintenance work using historical knowledge and leveraging the experience of peers and Supervisors.
• Establish a working relationship with OEM’s to address matters concerning the servicing, assembly, or maintenance of equipment.
• • Recommend improved practices, methods, and procedures, to increase efficiency and quality while reducing equipment downtime.
• Initiate / update notifications, work orders, BOM’s, PM’s and support all assigned work (including major scheduled or forced outages planning and execution) and participate in developing weekly plans.
• Coordinate maintenance planning activities and review work orders with the appropriate supervisors and other elements to assure mutual agreement and understanding. Arrange for critical equipment isolation with operations to coordinate plant maintenance planning activities.
• Provide support and training for others as needed to ensure work management practices are followed.
• Collateral duties and special projects as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
• Assist with job scoping, planning and scheduling working with internal departments, contractors, consultants, and material suppliers on assigned projects.
• Support maintenance performance monitoring; root cause analysis; condition-based monitoring; and reliability-centered maintenance approach aimed towards achieving a reliable operation.
• Support the implementation of NRG policies and procedures.
• Develop and assist others in the development of technical / engineered work packages.
• Maintain historical database/reduction of maintenance backlog and equipment history in SAP
• Coordinate with Procurement and vendors to request/receive information and to expedite the approval of documents and the delivery of materials.
• Fill in for the Planner or Maintenance Supervisor when needed.
• Lead / participate in spare parts optimization initiatives, criticality ranking, and development of maintenance strategies.
• Ability to coordinate with Operations and engineering to define and set SOW (Safe Operating Windows) and monitor trends and predict equipment failure.
• Five (5) years’ experiences in operations or maintenance activities.
• Engineering degree in Mechanical a Plus.
• Machinist, Vibration Analysis, Millwright, I/C apprenticeship program a plus.
• Must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of Power Plant Work Management Systems
• Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of SAP work Management Systems
• Excellent and respectful communications skills including written, verbal, and motivational
• Ability and willingness to lead and train co-workers to fully realize maximum team potential
• Ability to coordinate numerous activities safety and successfully under pressure with poise
• Possess an excellent working knowledge of operations and maintenance for efficient and effective production
• Strong background in MS office suite applications especially Excel. / Awareness of project scheduling software such as MS Project and Primavera.
• Ability to develop outage schedules and weekly maintenance schedules.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Two (2) years’ experience in operations or maintenance activities in an electrical generation or heavy manufacturing or industrial plant.
• Successful candidates must receive a rating of Recommended on the company’s Pre-employment Assessment test.
• Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field of study.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification credential.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.