[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
UDR Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Craft Superintendent-PMCS opportunity for our customer in Aiken, SC to support the Savannah RivUDR Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Craft Superintendent-PMCS opportunity for our customer in Aiken, SC to support the Savannah River Site.
Senior Craft Superintendent-PMCS
Close Date: 08.03.2022
RFQ Number 626055
Number of Positions: 1
US Citizenship Required
Safety is a primary responsibility in each job performed. Obtain safety training, obey all safety rules, and make safety an integral part of each task. Take the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition.
• Provide technical and administrative direction to assigned personnel / craftsman.
• Determine manpower requirements and ensure that work assignments are made in accordance with site jurisdictional assignments.
• Instill quality and responsibility to the craftsman.
• Review drawings, procedures and specifications for technical content, constructability, and conformance to Site Program Requirements.
• Coordinate construction activities with other areas or disciplines.
• Ensure that resources such as tools, material and equipment are available to support planned work.
• Develop and implement work methods to improve productivity.
• Ensure that security plans for rea of responsibility is not violated by craftsmen.
• Trace progress against published schedules and flag potential problems to field construction manager.
• Monitor housekeeping and correct deficiencies when identified.
• Develop relationships with the building trade union representatives and understand the Project Labor Agreement.
Bachelor of Science degree in a technical or business-related discipline or alternate combinations of education and/or experience will be considered.
• A minimum of 12 years of Construction related experience
• A minimum of at least 8 years managing personnel.
• Thorough understanding of business processes related to budgeting, cost performance concepts.
• Thorough knowledge of construction methods, tools, practices, and procedures for a particular discipline and a working knowledge of other construction disciplines.
• An in-depth understanding of one or more union organizations, labor practices, EEO, and Environmental regulation is required.
• Substantial cumulative experience of at least eight years as a craftsman, foreman, general foreman, superintendent, or a similar level of base knowledge and related construction experiences with significant field engineering and construction supervision experience.
• An in-depth knowledge of regulations governing safety, environmental protection, labor laws, and union work jurisdiction, as related to the work performed
• Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences, to work interactively with other division management, and to establish and maintain strong and effective customer relations.
• An in-depth knowledge of Protective Coating Systems per the SSPC (Society for Protective Coatings)
• U.S. Citizen
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position. Please follow the applications steps via our website. https://udrconsultingincorporated.applytojob.com/apply/
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a drug-free work environment.
UDR will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!