[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job SummaryBHI is looking for I&C Engineers for a contract opportunity at North Anna Nuclear Station. Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountability for schedule and technical quality of engineering tasks with client expectations, scope, budget, and schedule.
- Provide on-site assistance during design, planning, and construction of digital control system upgrades
- Provide decision making support for all aspects of the process control, instrumentation, and automation upgrade projects
- Control panel design, including power and environmental considerations
- Knowledge of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, flow, and analytical instrumentation. Understand the principles of operations, terminology, safety considerations, and applications for common analytical instruments
- Knowledge of control valves including valve sizing, positioner selection, and integration into DCS
- Experience with HART devices
- Experience with virtualized server architectures
- Familiarity with NEI 08-09 Cyber Security controls and software tools to implement them
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience with Industrial Control Systems such as Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and/or Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems and associated control system devices, computers, communications, and networks.
- Demonstrated firsthand experience with power generation Industrial Control Systems and skills in the use of advanced control techniques
- In-depth knowledge of industry advances in control system monitoring, testing and analysis of control equipment; and controls theory.
- Knowledge and experience of power plant controls, steam turbine control systems, combustion turbine control systems, balance of plant control systems.
- Knowledge and experience of electrical and electronics theory.
- Strong technical leadership skills and strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Computer packaged software skills
- 6+ years of related Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) experience working on power plants or related heavy industrial applications.
- An Engineering Degree from and ABET Accredited Institution
- Standard Design Quals (REQUIRED)
- Spec writing, technical writing, engineering writing
- Experience with design change process; standard qualifications for design changes
- Emerson Ovation - tons of people outside of nuclear have this experience and we are willing to entertain those people
- At least 10 years of experience working with Instrumentation and Controls