[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Mechanical Engineer Level 3
US Citizenship Required
PPPL. Princeton, NJ / $80.00
RFQ# / 6 Months Temp to Hire Contract / Deadline 08/11/2022
At this rank, staff members have full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing,
executing and coordinating assignments, and for planning and developing projects concerned with unique or
controversial problems which have an important effect on major Laboratory programs. This involves in depth
exploration of the subject area, definition of scope, selection of problems for investigations and development of
concepts and approaches. Additionally, they initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key engineers and
scientists in other areas of the Laboratory and in other organizations and skillfully negotiate critical issues.
To work collaboratively on US ITER Diagnostics projects and develop and manage design
validation and verification plans. Continuously maintain and improve Design Control procedures and compliance.
Champions design control activities.
Works closely with the US ITER Diagnostics team leads, the US ITER Project Office (USIPO) and the ITER
Organization (IO) to ensure timely project delivery.
Project support – 20%
• Support projects in the development and implementation of design control plans (design
review plan, inspection plan, test plan).
• Maintain compliance with processes and USIPO and ITER requirements.
• Provides guidance and mentorship to less experienced staff
Project assignments – 80%
• Develop analysis models.
• Produce documentation that supports verification and validation activities.
• Resolve issues in a timely manner that may impede progress.
• Ensure accurate and reliable input to the cost and scheduling planning process.
• Adhere to planned cost and schedule during the execution phase.
This position will require an onsite presence with the opportunity to work from a remote work area from time to
1. BS in Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree. Minimum of 12 years experience in
engineering design and analysis in a highly regulated environment.
2. MS in Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree
3. Experience performing engineering analysis, for example, use of ANSYS
4. Effective written and oral communication skills.
5. Experience writing grants or proposals for DOE funding, or similar.
6. Experience working in a National Laboratory
7. US Citizen