[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Industrial Control Systems SME for our customer in Reston, VA.
The assignment is a full-time telework role with travel to US Naval sites worldwide, as required.
Bechtel is one of the most respected engineering, project management and construction companies in the world. In our Nuclear, Security and Environmental (NS&E) global business unit, the demand for our expertise is growing as we deliver the entire project life cycle from research and development through engineering, procurement, construction and operation to decontamination and decommissioning. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that make the world cleaner and safer.
This position is contingent on project award and will support a US Navy program to provide Defense Critical Infrastructure (DCI) technical support in the areas of On-site Assessment, Analysis and Characterization, Exercise and Contingency Support, Tools and Data Management, and Situational Awareness.
The analysis efforts shall range from focusing on a single asset to an analysis of an infrastructure network. The predominant focus will be on Telecommunications, Energy Security, and Control Systems analysis. The program will provide technical support services for systems engineering and program analysis. The general work areas include Systems Engineering, Mission Analysis, Intellectual Outreach & Technical Review, and Configuration Management.
The assignment is a full-time telework role with travel to US Naval sites worldwide, as required. For base access, U.S. citizenship is required, and all candidates will preferably have an active or Interim Secret clearance. We may be able to sponsor clearances for the right candidate.
We invite you to join our team for this very interesting opportunity!
Industrial Control Systems Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Analysis of legacy and contemporary automation and control systems, networks, and communication protocols.
• Engineering and design of control systems and networks, including layered, "defense-in-depth" security architecture.
• Analysis of Industrial Control System threats and recommending and implementing effective countermeasures.
• Providing comprehensive gap analysis on policies, procedures, and configurations.
• Performing both "blue" and "red" team analysis of security systems.
• Securely integrating automation and control systems such as Building Information Models (BIMs).
Qualifications and Skills
BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or related engineering field from an accredited institution, with nine years of professional experience related to the position responsibilities, or, MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or related engineering field from an accredited institution, with seven years of professional experience related to the position responsibilities, or, in lieu of a degree, 15 years of professional experience related to the position responsibilities.
Contract requirements state that the candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience with Industrial Control Systems (ICS), including experience in at least two of the following areas:
• Analysis of legacy and contemporary automation and control systems, networks and protocols
• Engineering and design of control systems and networks including layered, "defense-in-depth" security architectures
• Analysis of Industrial Control System threats and recommending and implementing effective countermeasures
• Providing comprehensive gap analysis of policy, procedure and configurations
• Performing both "blue" and "red" team analysis of security systems
• Securely integrating automation and control systems with other business systems such as Building Information Models (BIMs)
• This role requires a facility-specific clearance that requires U.S. Citizenship to obtain.
• Must be a United States Citizen.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
• Must be able to obtain site security badge for facility access.
• Extensive working knowledge of codes and standards, as related to Industrial Control Systems (ICS).
• Proficiency in Configuration Management practices and policies.
• Working knowledge of ICS/SCADA communication protocols.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have ability to work with cross-functional and diverse teams.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft 365 application suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Power Bi, etc.).
• Experience with multiple ICS supplier software.
• Experience with administering Windows systems (active directory, log management, etc.).
• Experience with Building Information Models (BIMs).
• An interim or active security clearance.
• Intermediate to advanced Industrial Control System design skills (including networking and communication protocols).
• Intermediate to Advanced Industrial Control System programming skills.
• Proven ability to implement Industrial Control System security architecture.
In accordance with Bechtel's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.edgewatertech.net/careers.
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Explore all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers