[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
ReNuke Services is seeking a Sr. RCT for a contract position at our client's site in Mobile, Alabama.
Implement the day-to-day programmatic aspects of the Radiological Protection Plan. Perform air sampling, radiation surveys, radioactive contamination control and monitoring, access control, posting and labeling, completion and management of records, responding to accidents and emergencies, vehicle and equipment control, instrumentation source check, and personnel and equipment decontamination. Generate radiological data records and reports. Support Industrial Hygiene and Industrial Safety tasks as cross-trained and required by position assignment. Perform collateral safety and health duties commensurate with qualifications, aptitude, and ability (including job coverage, monitoring, and surveillance). Participate in the formulation of action plans in response to identified deficiencies. Perform detailed technical operations in compliance with written work plans, protocols, and procedures. Perform such other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Demonstrated ability for the following:
• Follow procedures, work packages, and/or protocols.
• Oversee and guide radiological support and radiological workers.
• Source check instrumentation
• Train junior technicians in the use of radiological instrumentation
• Use different levels of PPE (including respiratory protection).
• Effectively communicate (written/verbal) with field, project management, and client representatives is essential.
• Manipulate computer spreadsheets and/or databases for purpose of data reduction, presentation, and review.
• Review and qualify HP data results and calculations (surveys, air monitoring, etc.)
• Explain data results to non-HP/IH personnel
• Use word processing software
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Drivers License
• 3 years experience in applied health physics or applicable training. Experience requirements may be satisfied by an A.S. or B.S. degree in a related field. Note: Education may only substitute for up to one year of experience.
• Ability to participate in physically demanding work while wearing personnel protective equipment including respiratory protection.
• Medically qualified to wear a respirator
• Able to lift 30 lbs, and able to climb ladders.
• Appropriately document survey and data collection result