[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Provide staff augmentation support to SRNS. Integrate and manage engineering activities for assigned projects by assisting in establishing design criteria, resource forecasts, schedules, and priorities. Provide project management tools and methods to assigned projects and support development of future projects. Provide overall engineering and design direction, leadership, and management for assigned projects and tasks. Manage project tasks and deliver results for cost and schedule of those tasks. Recommend to project manager, subcontractor authorizations for new work and changes to baselines. Review cost accounts for procurement of engineered materials. Establish projects' scope of work including assuring that there are firm customer requirements developed. Participate in department and site-wide programmatic issues resolution and quality improvements.
A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Afterward, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments.
BS Degree in Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer.
• Previous SRS Design Engineering experience, working knowledge of SRNS design processes and procedures, and previous experience managing road repair projects are preferred.
• Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 12 years design experience in the nuclear or process chemical industry
• Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of experience working at a DOE facility preferred.
• Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the nuclear industry or at a nuclear facility
• Demonstrate experience integrating engineering resources for assigned projects by assisting in establishing design criteria, resource forecasts, schedules, and engineering tools for engineering tasks.
• Demonstrate experience providing administrative guidance to leads and managers. Demonstrate experience managing overall management, scheduling, and priority of the tasks and projects assigned.
• Demonstrate experience managing administration, document control, project controls, and quality engineering sections for all assigned projects through section supervisors.
• Demonstrate experience resolving conflicts between project direction and technical direction from the functional managers.
• Demonstrate experience creating a team through requesting, evaluating, and developing engineering expertise capable of achieving the objectives of the projects assigned.
• Demonstrate experience evaluating tasks of subcontractors to ensure design output meets project technical, cost, and schedule objectives.
• Demonstrate experience establishing baselines for design activities for all assigned projects and engineering work requests.
• Demonstrate experience evaluating project cost and schedule variances and implement corrective actions. Experience with EVMS tools.
• Demonstrate experience working with diverse teams to deliver results
• Ability to perform field walk-downs of the job site for the engineering work being performed.
Please submit your resume for review or contact our office for more details.
Pinnacle Specialty Group, Inc