[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Duration is thorough June 2023
Top 3 Required Skills
1) Nuclear Design Change documentation and package development experience (Nuclear Industry Standard Design Process qualification strongly preferred).
2) Experience/Ability to develop/issue design documentation to resolve emergent technical questions.
3) Digital design/configuration/testing experience. Nuclear 50.59 screen/evaluation experience.
Soft skill requirements:
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with Operations, Craft, Engineering, Vendor
• Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and respond and organize them
High Level Project Overview:
• The selected candidate will support implementation of a digital Turbine Controls/Protection system upgrade at Power Station Units 1 and 2. U1 implementation is fall of 2022, U2 implementation is spring 2023. Design change packages have been developed and issued, required support is emergent design updates, technical issue resolution, document updates and configuration tracking. Candidate would be desired on site early in October 2022 for training, badging, and integration with the project team prior to the outage start.
Preferred Years of Experience: 15+
• Nuclear Plant experience is required. Nuclear Design Change experience is required. Westinghouse/Ovation platform experience is desired. Turbine Controls experience is desired.
• Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience.
• A nuclear 9’s work schedule or a 4 – 10-hour days schedule prior to outage. Project will be staffed 24/7 during outage period, candidate preference will be considered for day or night shift. 12 hrs/day 6 days week during outage period.