[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing direction, coaching, and monitoring of specific or multiple tasks involved with the Greater Than Class C waste transfer project. Participates in establishing, developing, and implementing business objectives and plans.
- Formulates and inputs to critical lift plans, work plans, job hazard analysis, and procedures. Impacts department's performance related to approved budgets, objectives, core business activities, quality of service, productivity, cost effectiveness, and responsiveness to customers and outside agencies.
- Maintains schedules, records, and reports.
- Coordinates, directs, and maintains contacts with third parties, customers, contractors, suppliers, and vendors.
- Directs preparation of schedules, records, and reports of work progress, future projects, and evaluation of completed tasks.
- Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
- Identifies major systems, operation, and business deficiencies with recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for enforcing safety, illness and injury policies and rules, and investigates occurrences and initiates corrective action.
- Provides interpretation and represents the Company on labor issues/disputes as they relate to the department.
- Provides direction/coaching and makes decisions on issues specific to the organization.
- Renders decisions which have a moderate to major impact on the department, division, or region; indirect minor to moderate impact on the Company, other departments, or outside organizations. Individual must have effective oral communication skills.
- Decisions are made frequently on immediate issues with limited opportunity for review or reversal.
- At least 10 years of experience with nuclear power plant systems, including cranes, rigging, and heavy component handling.
- Experience with dry storage systems for spent nuclear fuel or Greater Than Class C waste storage systems.
- Preferred a bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering or equivalent but adequate experience and demonstrated ability can be substituted