[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Direct report to the assigned manager and responsible for assisting in the direction and performance of all subcontractor cost/price proposal analyses, subcontract and
purchase order changes, interim/cost incurred audits, requests for equitable adjustment, claims and terminations, undefined pricing actions, and subcontractor closeouaudits; primary contact with ASM acquisition groups/teams with responsibility for providing expertise and risk assessment advice to ASM acquisition groups in the
areas of financial statement review and financial condition of subcontractors; facilitate internal and external reviews of required preaward and cost incurred or
closeout audits; prepare complex cost/price analysis and financial responsibility reports and review subordinate reports which will include findings and problem
solutions; and perform complex and high risk special price or cost assessments for acquisition managers as assigned.
Has broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards based on professional principles and theories. Viewed as expert in field within the Laboratory. Works on
unusually significant, unique or complex issues, provides solutions that are highly creative and where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of
intangibles. Has impact on success of future concepts, products or technologies. Uses wide latitude in the methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining
Acts independently to determine methods and processes on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others. Works under consultative direction
toward predetermined long-range targets. Assignments are often self-initiated. Virtually self-supervisory.
1. Safety and security are a primary responsibility for all Laboratory employees. Assures safety and security compliance, maintains required safety and security
training, and makes safety and security an integral part of every task, including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or
2. Plans, performs, and reports on complex or high risk cost/price proposal analyses for new acquisitions, changes, requests for equitable adjustments, claims,
terminations, and undefined pricing actions with expert analytical results and solutions. As a follow-on, provides support to acquisition personnel during
negotiations of such actions.
3. Performs complex cost accounting and timekeeping systems reviews and financial responsibility assessments of large subcontractors in support of capability
4. Serves as the primary subject matter expert to acquisition personnel regarding market data, price indices, and quantitative analytical techniques for highly
complex subcontracting and pricing situations.
5. Performs highly complex cost incurred or closeout audits of subcontracts, coordinates audit requests with external agencies, and helps negotiate or coordinate
resolution of questioned costs as assigned.
6. Maintains and nurture working relationships with, and serves as the primary subject matter expert for, ASM-AO acquisitions groups and teams relating to the
application of federal guidelines on cost oar pricing data.
7. Provides for the assigned manager oversight and tracking of required audits of subcontracts regarding internal and external reviews of pre-award reviews,
interim and cost incurred reviews, and closeout audits.
8. Adviser and subject matter expert to ASM groups and teams relating to subcontractor financial capability, allocation and allow-ability of contract costs, and cos
9. Conducts special project reviews and analyses of acquisition functions relating to highly complicated cost activities as assigned.
10. As the subject matter expert, drafts and maintains Acquisition Procedures relating to cost activities as requested.
11. Assists the assigned manager in planning and executing training for procurement specialists and small business concerns.
12. Provides staff assistance to the Acquisitions Operations Manager and assigned manager.
13. Fosters a mutually respectful and inclusive work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
Has broad expertise, unique knowledge in, develops goals and objectives for as wells as principles, theories, and methods for the following:
Advanced understanding of prime contract requirements, subcontracting, and federal guidelines.
Expert knowledge of and experience in all aspects of Acquisition Management.
Advanced expertise and knowledge regarding cost, price, financial, and audit requirements.
LANL Organization, Directives and Instructions.
Experience in all aspects of Acquisition Management.
Knowledge of procurement regulations and detailed knowledge of government procurement practices.
Experience in the formation, negotiation, award and administration of multiple types of contracts including complex, high risk contracts.
Specific job function, e.g., development and coordination of acquisition system processes, preparation of procedures and reports, etc.
Problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Managing innovation and make process improvements.
Analytical techniques, administrative and management methods.
Working and communicating effectively with all levels of supervision and management
Oral and written communications.
Supervising and leading personnel, workload distribution and execution of work, as well as administration of personnel actions, including salary planning, annual performance reviews, and career
Budgeting and financial planning. P6 & Kobra
Responsible for performance of Acquisition Operations staff functions.
Knowledge of Acquisition Operations activities.
Preparation of procedures and reports.
Special project administration functions.
Develops systems, processes or procedures and provides assistance to Acquisition Managers in the implementation and administration of them.
Direction and performance of Acquisition Operations staff activities.
Supervises Acquisition Operations staff personnel as assigned.
Works with other division functions to establish standard, effective project planning, measurement and control techniques.
Staff assistance to a Manager, Division, or Project;
Thorough knowledge of and experience in all aspects of Acquisition Management and Project Management activities. Extensive experience in budgeting and financial planning.
Development and coordination of acquisition processes.
Administration and supervisory functions.
Position requires 12 years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of experience directly related to the occupation. At this level, postgraduate coursework
may be expected.