[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Bechtel is looking for Electrical Superintendents for the Uranium Processing Facility in Oak Ridge TN. MUST BE US CITIZEN TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE DOE SITE.
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel’s government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy’s largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration’s largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provide enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF Construction project works on various schedules with differing start times, and may require employees to work overtime, weekends, nights, and/or holidays as business needs arise.
Assigned to the Construction organization in a supervisory capacity. Responsible for supervising and directing operations of construction craft personnel and construction craft activities assigned to Uranium Processing Facility (UPF). Ensures assigned construction operations are performed safely, in compliance with specifications and within budget and schedules. Performs general functions inherent in all supervisory construction (field) positions. Responsible for managing craft personnel in adherence to the Construction Labor Agreement (CLA).
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for field construction operations within assigned discipline or area.
• Safely directs assigned construction work in accordance with Bechtel’s safety program.
• Determines manual staffing requirements.
• Coordinates established area operational plans.
• Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished by each craft.
• Monitors work activities, ensures the quality of work performed.
• Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
• Approves craft time records using established automated tools.
• Prepares schedules, construction methods and procedures.
• Supervises and directs subordinate personnel and craftsmen in construction activities within the assigned area.
• Prepares reports and forecasts, including a summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
• Monitors tool usage on the site. Prepares Field Material Requisitions for tools and consumables and ensures that the crafts have the tools they require to be productive.
• Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
• Responsible for the implementation of corporate/ project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned operations.
• Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas, and clients' resident representatives as instructed by construction management.
• Performs employee reviews and identifies Training and Development opportunities for subordinate personnel.
• Assesses needs and identifies craft training requirements.
• Monitor job site work rule compliance.
• Ensures that all Bechtel, State and Federal safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Grade 25: B.S. Degree in Engineering or similar and 6+ years of experience or 12+ years related experience in lieu of degree.
• Grade 26: B.S. Degree in Engineering or similar and 9+ years of experience or 15+ years related experience in lieu of degree.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including verification of employment, education and travel.
• Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk-downs which may require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, using fall protection and other personal protective equipment (PPE), walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, and maneuvering around very small and/or confined spaces.
• Knowledge and experience of DOE, DOD and/or commercial nuclear construction projects is required.
• Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction or engineering operation.
• Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
• Must have a working knowledge of the Bechtel Standard Work Processes Procedures (SWPPs) and the related Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs).
• Candidates should be self-starters, highly motivated, requiring little supervision, and be able to work well in a team environment.
• The candidate should have a good working knowledge of current design codes and standards such as NEC, NESC, NFPA 70E, and NQA-1 requirements.
• Familiarity with nuclear quality and commercial practice standards is desired.
• Previous experience as an Electrical Field Superintendent.
• Recent commercial nuclear power plant construction experience.
• The current holder of a Master Electrician License.