[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting a Specialty Mechanical Designer in Oak Ridge, TN.
Navarro Research & Engineering is an award-winning federal contractor dedicated to partnering with our clients to overcome their most challenging environmental, technical, and infrastructure missions within the nuclear and environmental industries. Joining Navarro means being a part of an exceptional team committed to quality and safety while also looking for innovative strategies to create value for the client’s success. Headquartered in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, Navarro has active programs in place across the nation for DOE/NNSA, NASA, and the Department of Defense.
Specialty Mechanical Designers will produce 3D equipment models and build to print fabrication packages for specialty and first of a kind equipment utilizing 3D CAD software.
- Associates degree in a technical field.
- Eight or more years of education and/or relevant experience may be considered to satisfy education and years of experience requirements for this posting.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in the use of Pro/Engineer (CREO) CAD software to prepare complex mechanical hardware models and fabrication drawings.
- Demonstrated competence in applying engineering and design fundamentals to the design and fabrication of complex mechanical components, mechanisms and systems related to containment systems and sheet metal equipment design in the nuclear industry.
- Must have demonstrated design experience developing multi-level assembly design packages on gloveboxes and hood design in the nuclear industry.
- Demonstrated ability to apply geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as defined in ANSI/ASME Y14.5M
- Expertise in respective technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques of mechanical design and fabrication. Demonstrated ability to work in a project team environment and communicate well with other disciplines, customers and stakeholders
- Ability to follow procedures and work within a rigorous work process.
- Ability to perform work duties to defined project schedules
- Preferred Experience is listed below:
- Department of Energy Q Clearance
- Ability to effectively estimate, plan and coordinate mechanical design and drafting efforts
- Competence in the application of true position dimensioning
- Familiarity with machining and other manufacturing and inspection processes
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.