[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, walkdowns, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: P&IDs; Control Logics; Loop Diagrams; Instrument Indices; Setpoint Lists; Instrument and Control Valve Specifications; DCS and PLC Design; Instrument Location and Installation Design; Panel Layouts; and Vendor Document Review. Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
Area Security Access:
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
BS Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, I&C Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in one of the above disciplines. Will consider five (5) years of related design experience (in addition to the
required 10 years design experience) as an equivalent to the education or registration requirements.
• Previous SRS Design Engineering or DOE facility experience (Preferred)
• Possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years (Preferred)
• 10 years of direct I&C design experience (within the last 15 years) in the nuclear or process chemical industry
• Design experience with process control instrumentation.
• Design experience with PLCs.
• Design experience with distributed control systems.
• Experience with 2D CADD.
• Candidate must be able to perform weekly field walk downs of the job site for the engineering work being performed. These walk downs may involve construction sites with uneven surfaces and work in progress, walking for distances of over half a mile, climbing of ladders to access remote areas, dressing out in protective clothing and environments where a respirator is required.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance