[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Do you want to be a part of one the leading nuclear decommissioning engineering departments in the country? BHI Energy Westinghouse is looking for an AutoCAD designer to support various decommissioning projects. We are looking for an independent thinker, energetic individual and doer who can contribute to the shaping of the future of the Engineering Department here at BHI Energy. Do you want to be a part of an expanding organization reshaping the nuclear decommissioning world? If you answered yes, then read on!
BHI Energy is seeking an AutoCAD Designer to support various nuclear decommission projects.
The Successful Candidate:
- Interprets specifications and drawings and takes responsibility for all technical aspects of creating complete, functional mechanical designs from them.
- Takes GPS X, Y and Z coordinates and generates 3-dimentional drawings from the data.
- Works with BHI Management to complete drawings and calculations for submittal and approval according to project schedules and budgets.
- Contributes to the company infrastructure whenever possible through activities such as the development or implementation of new technical techniques.
- Completes CAD drawings independently in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Technical degree or appropriate commensurate experience with CAD drawing.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or progeCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling software such as EasyArch3D.
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision required.
- Ability to review site documentation and gather the necessary information to complete the assignment.
- Working knowledge of Visual Sample Plan software is a bonus.
- Working knowledge of MARSSIM is a bonus but is not required.
- Ability to travel to various client sites, as required.
- Ability to convert and export dwg. Files to dxf.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance as related to piping systems