[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer with the following qualifications:
Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, construction support, walkdowns, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: Single Line Drawings; Electrical Equipment Lists; Control System Design; Control Schematics and Connection Diagrams; Electrical Equipment Specifications; Bulk Material Specifications; Circuit/Raceway/Wiring/Connection Design; Grounding; Heat Tracing; Fire Detection; Short Circuit Calculations; Arc Flash Incident Energy Analysis; Load Flow Analysis; and Electrical System Sizing Calculations.
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Electrical Engineering.
* Ten years of design experience (within the last 15 years) in the nuclear or chemical process industry.
* Working knowledge of NEC, IES, NFPA, IEEE, and OSHA requirements.
* Experience using software (preferably ETAP) to generate electrical system calculations.
* Candidate must be able to perform weekly field walk downs of the job site for the engineering work being performed. These walk downs may involve construction sites with uneven surfaces and work in progress, walking for distances of over half a mile, climbing of ladders to access remote areas, dressing out in protective clothing and environments where a respirator is required.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance.
Additional Desired Skills:
* Proficient in using MicroStation 2D Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software.
* Previous SRS Design Engineering or DOE facility experience.
* Possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years.
Duration: 6 months with 2.5 year option
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.