[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Quality Control Inspector performs special assignments as directed by Plant Management and Quality Control Supervision.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform or witness various inspections and tests as prescribed in plant procedures to verify the reliability and safety of plant equipment.
- Evaluate and report Quality Control inspection and test results.
- Perform receipt inspections of safety related items.
- Perform commercial grade inspection and dedication testing.
- Perform Non-Destructive Examination and evaluate results in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Conduct special and routine tests on plant equipment to establish its condition or potential for deterioration, which may impact plant safety or reliability.
- Issue "Stop Work" orders on any work, which is being performed in a manner, which would impair or reduce the safety of the Callaway Energy Center.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with representatives of various agencies and companies (NRC, ANII, ANI, Contractors, etc.) on various plant activities with inspection involvement.
- Assist in the qualification and certification of other Quality Control personnel, as allowed by plant procedures.
- Perform quality inspections and tests, evaluate results, and initiate corrective actions.
- Verify and record disposition of non-conforming and defective items.
- Perform closeout review of work packages as required to facilitate closeout by Planning.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Currently or previously certified or certifiable to a minimum of Level II in multiple disciplines as an ASME NDE examiner and ANSI N.45.2.6 QC Inspector required.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good leadership, decision-making, communication and human relations skills. Security screening required for Callaway Energy Center.
Ameren's selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.