[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR I with the following qualifications:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the below are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Under limited supervision, performs construction support job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities include assisting and supporting management in construction, construction support, construction and field engineering. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Plans, schedules and organizes the work to ensure utilization of employees and compliance with all contract requirements, quality standards, safety requirements and budgetary guidelines
• Ensures staffing levels of supervised personnel are maintained in a manner which allows the effective execution of the assigned scope of work at all times
• Instructs employees on the work methods and performance expectations
• Provides leadership and motivation to subordinate personnel
• Interfaces with groups inside and outside the organization, senior management, client representatives and auditors
• May be assigned special projects
• Responsible for providing direction, training and evaluation of Construction personnel.
• Assists with the development or review/update of various plans, policies or procedures as needed
• Assists with maintaining positive employee relations
• Responsible for group supervision and administration
• May provide presentations to project senior management
• May have some budgetary responsibilities
• Oversees investigations of waste management facilities and evaluates environmental waste transportation, treatment and disposal vendors for acceptability
• Develops and oversees quality assurance and training programs related to the handling of radioactive and other hazardous waste
• Assists in the preparation and implementing of approved Construction program
• Makes decisions independently as required to address and resolve problems and to plan and coordinate work
• Plans, develops, coordinates and directs the activities related to a specific functional area
• Applies diversified knowledge of construction and technical principles, practices and methods for a range of assignments requiring knowledge and experience with advanced methods, techniques, and procedures
• Initiates contacts with other construction support disciplines as well as projects, design engineers, and outside sources of technical and construction related information
• Independently provides comprehensive, skilled, professional construction and technical support in addressing unique requirements and problems which have an important impact on construction activities
• Initiates and maintains contract with project and engineering management as well as individuals and organizations capable of providing specialized services for unique and unusual requirements
• May supervise and coordinate the activities of other construction support personnel
• Responsible for training of subordinate personnel
• Subject matter expert with knowledge and expertise obtained through progressive and varied experience in construction and technical activities
• Provides technical and/or functional support to the Construction team
• Performs duties complex to difficult in nature
• Other job related duties as assigned
• Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner. If supervising others, has responsibility for the safety of those being supervised and ensures they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
• Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent and 8 years related experience. Typical experience ranging from 10 - 15 years.
• Ability to write clear, concise, and workable planning packages that can be executed in the field with little to no revisions.
• Knowledgeable in general abatement and construction methods.
• Experienced in radiological and contamination work and control methods.
Work in an environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.