[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
• Proficiency in computer aided design (CAD) with demonstrated experience with computer aided drafting applications to originate and produce drawings with minimum supervision. • 3D modeling experience required (S3D preferred).
• Read, interpret and generate design drawings with minimal input from a member of the engineering staff. Must have the ability to walk down field systems with minimal guidance, interpret field direction, generate minor design details, create new drawings, modify existing drawings, and direct junior drafters.
Education and Experience:
• Must have a minimum of an associates degree in a field related to the position and a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in drafting related to Engineering and Construction (nuclear preferred).
• Background and experience must include drafting/ designer experience in engineering fields, such as electrical, mechanical, structural, communications, architectural, fire protection or civil.
• Remote work requests will be evaluated. Onsite preferred.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as Design Area Lead on assigned projects and performs 3D layout with moderate to difficult complexity design scope.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
Prepare 3D layouts and/or schematics for conceptual and detailed designs of advanced complexity
Conduct reviews of model using 3D review platform and create 3D models of advanced complexity
Apply project drawing standards to design drawings and 3D layout
Prepare 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings of advanced complexity
Check work done by other Designers
Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
Develop estimates, schedules, staffing requirements, progress reports, and key quantities tracking reports
Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design
Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
Review fabricator drawings
Perform bulk material take-off analysis and tabulations
Deliver quality work, and adhere to the Project Quality Plans and procedures
Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
Adhere to and support Fluor’s Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
May need to travel to attend to business related matters
Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications - Related Education, Experience & Skills
US citizenship required
Advanced knowledge of architectural design of commercial and industrial buildings including plan layouts and detailing of building assemblies
Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
Proficiency with the use of 2D and 3D design software including:
Preferred Qualifications – Related Education, Experience & Skills
Knowledge of commercial availability and cost of materials
Practical field experience
Intermediate knowledge of managing and leading a medium/large project
Basic knowledge of procurement and construction aspects of engineering
Experience working on engineering projects for the US Department of Energy or other Federal Government agencies
Experience working on engineering projects at nuclear facilities under a Nuclear Quality Assurance program