[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Responsible for assigned activities within an engineering discipline in support of facility design, operation and maintenance. Applies broad and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the preparation of complex engineering analyses. Performs all aspects of work in engineering operations within discipline. Performs conventional structural design and analysis. Provides system integration within and across disciplines. Provides construction and project support. May provide direction to technicians. Able to work independently and as part of a team, utilizes engineering technology to accomplish work. Continuously improves work processes to meet customer needs.
Position typically requires a baccalaureate degree in engineering from an accredited college or university and, practical work experience to the degree necessary to perform the responsibilities outlined above.
This position may be subject to DOE Order 426.2, Personnel Selection, Training, and Qualification Requirements for DOE Nuclear Facilities. This DOE Order establishes entry-level requirements to ensure employees in the positions can successfully perform the requirements of the job.
Mechanical Design Engineer
You will serve on LANL design teams assessing, maintaining, and upgrading existing facilities and infrastructure at LANL. Primary tasks include scoping and design. Regular interfacing and coordinating with project stakeholders is required. As a mid-level engineer you will be required to posses design competency, provide some mentorship, and develop and promote technical leadership, quality, and safety values.
• Design package production experience in commercial and /or industrial facilities design.
• Design package production experience in both HVAC and plumbing systems and /or systems infrastructure.
• Application of building codes, standards and green initiatives to facilities design.
• Ability to preparing calculations, applications of engineering methods, and application of technology aided engineering tools to facility and operations-based engineering challenges.
• Ability to communicate well, both written and verbally.
• Ability to scope a project and produce an estimate of engineering effort.
• Ability to support construction execution, including timely review of submittals, requests for information, design changes, aid in non-conformance issues, validation of commissioning documentation and produce accurate as-built documents.
• Ability to collaboratively problem solve, show commitment, and function well in a team environment.
• Ability to manage, prioritize, and communicate work load and tasks.