[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Pipe Stress Engineer
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Essential duties include performing pipe stress analysis of systems in accordance with ASME B31.3 Code using AutoPipe. The stress work includes the modeling of the piping systems to verify piping flexibility, stability, and qualification of equipment nozzle loads. Will work closely with layout personnel and pipe support engineers to deliver a quality and cost-effective design. Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and vendors as required.
Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
• Performing pipe stress analysis/stress review of systems in accordance with DoD UFC standards & ASME B31.3 or applicable Code where required.
• Application of typical pipe supports and/or review/approval of layouts/isometrics as required.
• The stress work includes the modeling of the piping systems to verify piping flexibility, stability and qualification of equipment nozzle loads.
• Candidate should possess a knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and piping codes.
• Knowledge & application of DoD standards, IBC, ASME B31.3 for piping, plumbing codes.
• Software applications to be used are AutoPipe for pipe stress analysis.
Qualifications and Skills
• Level One - BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university and 6 years of related experience.
• Level Two - BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university and 9 years of related experience.
• US citizenship is required per contract requirement.
• Possess active security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance.
• US Citizenship required.
• Ability to review piping layouts & support requirements per DoD standards/ASME B31.3 and approve designs.
• Hands-on experience using a stress analysis program.
• Previous DoD project experience for Risk Catagory 5 facilities.
• Hands-on experience using a AutoPipe for pipe stress analysis.
• PE Registration
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.