[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The subcontractor shall provide support for project planning for the Savannah River Tritium Enterprise (SRTE) classified network, TFNet, and system as well as the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) classified desktop network, SRPPFNet, and systems. The subcontractor will be responsible for review of specified requirements for expansion projects. The subcontractor will provide support and mentoring to the Defense Programs Computer Operations and Cyber Assurance staff. The subcontractor shall also present continuous improvement solutions and enhancements to meet business needs. Tasks will require effective and professional communication skills (both written and oral) when interacting with Defense Programs Computer Operations and Cyber Assurance staff and customers.
Adhere to all required SRNS protocols and standards in the support of enterprise computer system applications. Be available on site during normal business hours for questions, resolve problems, etc. This position may occasionally use a flexible work schedule which may include some overtime (OT) or schedule adjustment as needs arise to support ongoing system operations such as month-end or year-end closing, and system upgrades. Generate electronic weekly status reports to SRTE lead and subcontract technical representative (STR). Subcontractor should be able to work with little to no direction to complete assigned tasks.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. Subcontractor must work all 40 hours onsite except at SRNS's discretion may be permitted to work remotely. A set schedule on workdays/hours will be determined upon subcontractor’s arrival; preferred options are either 5 8-hour days or existing site schedule on AA shift (9-hour days, every other Friday off, Fridays worked is an 8-hour day). Each workday has a 30 minute unpaid lunch
Area Security Access:
A security clearance is not initially required but the issuance of a DOE uncleared badge will be required. Candidates must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a “Q” clearance if required to perform assigned duties.
Position requires a 4-year degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 15 years proven performance in information technology assignment or a 4-year degree in non-related field with 20 years proven performance.
• Experience in strategic planning and project management experience with NNSA at SRS from an IT and OT system, network and/or cyber security perspective. Preferred
• Previous experience in strategic planning, managing, and implementing projects involving operational server administration, network administration, integration, cyber oversight and monitoring support for IT and OT networks and systems.
• Experience in project managing, advising and/or leading teams that specialize in cyber security oversight and monitoring support for IT and OT networks and systems.
• Experience in development of requirements, test strategies and approaches, tool evaluation and selection, software and hardware testing and successful deployment of highly visible, enterprise-wide networks and integrated systems.
• Experience in strategic planning, managing and implementing IT and OT systems projects both from a longer-term program planning perspective as well as from a computing operations perspective.
• Experience assessing existing processes and IT systems to identify and address operational issues.
• Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, VisioPro, Sharepoint) as necessary.
• Capable of obtaining and maintaining a ‘’ Q ‘’ clearance.