[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
REMOTE – Nuclear Equipment Qualification Engineer – Electrical / I&C
Equipment Qualification Engineer – Electrical / I&C. This position reports to the Equipment Qualification Program Manager and provides day-to-day support of projects and assists in the development of the Equipment Qualification Programs. Works in close consultation with Engineering staff to ensure regulatory requirements are identified and implemented with design and licensing strategy and participates in interactions with the NRC.
• Assisting in the successful design and implementation of the equipment qualification program.
• Coordinating with design personnel to ensure new designs and design changes meet Equipment Qualification Program regulatory requirements.
• Preparing, reviewing, and maintaining licensing documentation in compliance with Equipment Qualification Programs, regulations and strict quality assurance standards.
• Interfacing with technical discipline teams partners and contractors.
• Preparing and reviewing technical material such as test requirement documents and specifications prepared by themselves and others.
• Assisting with safety analysis report (SAR) revisions and preparation.
• Preparing or reviewing equipment qualification regulatory evaluations.
Qualifications and Skills
• BS in an Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation and Controls Engineering or related technical field from
• 5 years applicable experience in development and implementation of equipment qualification.
• Ability to contribute to the equipment qualification program development from blank sheet to final qualification.
• Knowledge of and how to implement IEEE Standards such as IEEE-323, 344, and 420 7-4.3.2
• Experience or familiarity with NEI 18-04 and Regulatory Guide 1.233.
• Experience or familiarity with Regulatory Guides associated with Equipment Environmental Qualification.
• Direct experience with vendor test facilities.
• Awareness and current knowledge of trends and nuclear industry activities related to equipment qualification.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe Professional.
• Experience in interactions with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission staff.
• Project management and project management tools experience
• Strong communication skills