[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
As a Construction Field Engineer, this individual works directly for the Associate Project Manager and Cognizant Engineer (COG) in directing the safe installation of assigned NSTX-U Recovery field modifications in accordance with established designs and procedures.
• Reviews, and on a case-by-case basis, prepares modification documents (e.g., installation
• Along with the assigned COG, leads procedure walk-throughs and pre-job briefings to
ensure the objectives of these interventions are met.
• Supervises detailed planning activities to ensure required prerequisites (e.g., procedures,
JHAs, parts, special tools, M&TE) are satisfied and work is started, as scheduled.
• Supervises installation of NSTX-U modifications and through direct observation and
o JHA and safety rules are being followed
o Modifications are being installed in accordance with procedures, drawings and
o Work is progressing on schedule.
• Identifies and takes or prompts timely action to correct adverse safety, quality and
• Interfaces and coordinates with support organizations (e.g., engineering, QA/QC, ESH,
PPPL fabrication shop).
• Initiates and coordinates needed procedure and drawing changes with the COG to keep
work progressing in the field.
• Along with the assigned COG, directs post-modification inspections and tests.
15 years + experience with supervising and directing electrical, instrumentation and
control system installations and modifications in construction, operations, maintenance, outages at commercial nuclear power plants or Department of Energy national laboratories or equivalent, highly regulated work environments.