[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
***FIVE YEAR CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY – HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE – LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED***
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) develops advanced naval nuclear propulsion technology for the safety and reliability of our Navy's submarine and aircraft fleet. The Kesselring Site (KS) is located in West Milton, New York, and is one of five locations operated by NNL. The Kesselring Site's primary objective is to deliver highly trained Sailors to the fleet in support of our country's defense and security. The site consists of multiple buildings, structures, and systems that are utilized to meet the mission of supporting the United States Nuclear Fleet.
Facility Engineering is seeking a civil engineer to work in an autonomous teaming environment and provide timely, high quality, customer serviced based engineering solutions to challenging problems. Our Facility Engineering Team supports the operation, maintenance, renovation, and new construction of facilities & infrastructure at our site which include projects such as office buildings, laboratories, test facilities, prototype support, and site infrastructure. As part of this role, you may: Define project scopes in close coordination with facility sponsors, evaluate system operations, work in the capacity of the project owner directing and overseeing engineering firms to develop concept designs, evaluations, and execution phase support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university.
• Demonstrated Engineering Experience of increasing responsibility or Masters degree and engineering experience
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, teaming skills, and the ability to coordinate multi-discipline teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• BS degree in Civil engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years of relevant experience.
• Familiarity with Building Codes for New York State and National Electric Code requirements (for campus and industrial type facilities).
• Experience with the development of engineering documents (e.g. design drawings, technical specifications and engineering analyses)
• MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience
• Experience with commercial and industrial power distribution design and maintenance.
Please submit your resume for review or contact me for more information.
Direct Email: email@example.com