[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
***FIVE YEAR CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY – HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE – LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED***
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) develops advanced naval nuclear propulsion technology for the safety and reliability of our Navy's submarine and aircraft fleet. The Kesselring Site (KS) is located in West Milton, New York, and is one of five locations operated by NNL. The Kesselring Site's primary objective is to deliver highly trained Sailors to the fleet in support of our country's defense and security. The site consists of multiple buildings, structures, and systems that are utilized to meet the mission of supporting the United States Nuclear Fleet.
We are seeking a cost estimator to work in an autonomous teaming environment and provide timely, high quality, customer serviced based engineering solutions to challenging problems. Our Team supports the operation, maintenance, renovation, and new construction of facilities & infrastructure at our site which include projects such as office buildings, laboratories, test facilities, prototype support, and site infrastructure. As part of this role, you could have the opportunity to: be the Kesselring Site Cost Estimator and fill a vital role of providing consistent cost estimates across all departments. Your role will be to perform cost estimates and administer a program to obtain cost estimators from other NNL Cost Estimators. The cost estimates will be related to building projects, system improvements, and support of the prototype.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
Demonstrated cost estimating experience of increasing responsibility or Masters degree and estimating experience
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, teaming skills, and the ability to coordinate multi-discipline teams
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years of relevant experience.
• Good working knowledge and experience with Microsoft XL, Office, Project, and primavera.
• Minimum five years of progressive cost estimating practice, three of which were in responsible for construction projects, and two of which were responsible for system upgrades.
• Familiarity with cost estimating software programs
• Working knowledge of the Building Code set for New York State and associated reference standards such as: NFPA standards, NEC standards, and others.
• Experience with the interpreting or reading or development of engineering documents (e.g. design drawings, technical specifications and engineering analyses)
Please submit your resume for review or contact me or more information.
Direct Email: email@example.com