[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Principal Fire Protection Engineer
Must have a working knowledge of Federal (including Department of Energy Orders), State, and Local codes and standards applicable to fire protection design.
· Provide technical direction to assigned engineers.
· Conduct construction document reviews as required.
· National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level III (Water Based Layout) Certification acceptable in lieu of B.S. in Engineering.
· Generation of Facility Hazard Analysis (FHA) documents, modifications to existing FHA documents, facility FP assessments, exemption and equivalency requests, detailed FP design, and calculation of various FP systems including pre-action, wet pipe and dry pipe systems, and review of FP packages and contractor submittals.
· Familiarity with computer aided drafting applications is required.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Fire Protection Engineering or similar accredited engineering B.S., minimum 15 years of practical related engineering practice (nuclear preferred), 8 years of which will have been in charge of diverse fire protection engineering design/construction work. Professional Engineer License preferred but not required.